Whether you love it or hate it, Fast food is everywhere! Our Multinational Companies are banging these joints out by the hundreds each year, but ultimately these can be death traps for those with food allergies. There are pro’s and con’s to the fast food situation- Pro’s: if you request that something be free of eggs/cheese etc, and you do get sick because they have not listened to your instructions, you can sue these joints big time. Cons? These joints get hundreds of visitors a day, and there is a reason why they are called FAST food joints. With the hustle and bustle of visitors coming in and out and workers rushing around, there is a lot of room for mistakes.
Whilst browsing the net however, I found a story that was quite refreshing regarding one person’s experience with McDonalds and how they respected her food allergy. As the food Allergy Assistant says:
Here are a few tips we’ve learned about ordering at fast food restaurants:
- Avoid the drive-through.
- Try to arrive at less busy times.
- Be clear about the food allergies and what you need for them to do.
- Model a consistent dialogue and tone knowing that your child will eventually need to order for him/her self
- Watch the food preparation.
- Don’t hesitate to alert the manager if you are uncomfortable with anything you’ve seen.
- Thank the employees for their extra efforts.
Click here to see the full article.
Whether you think Ronald is a devil or an angel, always be careful when it comes to fast food decisions!
Is Ronald a beast or best friend?